Blogging is now most intensive and resourceful practice to build your own professional world. It is common among two kinds of people; either they are industrialists or non-industrialists that’s why it is called as another corporate world.
In my blogging career, I got at least 300+ emails from my blog’s visitor regarding basic resource that really needs to build a better blog. So I came through this resource page, it may work as a starter guide to make a blog, as a suggestion to newbies and as a recommendation for who wants to help us. I’ll highly recommend you to read the entire resource thoroughly and bookmark this page for future use as it contains little but most precious things for blogging.
Note: Some Products are Free and some are paid, I am using my Affiliate Links. If you will buy anything from my recommendation by clicking on products then I will earn some commission. If you need more info about any product or getting some problem while buying then feel free to contact me via Contact Me Page.
If you are going to design a blog then the design and architecture of your blog should be proper and impressive. And for this WordPress helps you, WordPress is featured with architecture and template system and it is the most popular Blogging System. It’s free as well as a premium open source of blogging platform. Click Here To Download.
In the blogging world, the word Hosting is really very much important, basically Hosting means a Host or Control to which all data and computers are connected through internet. Internet Hosting should be reliable and a good one, Internet Hosting Services includes Software as a Service, Web Hosting Service, One-click Hosting and many other services. There are many sites available which offers reliable hosting for your blog:
- HostGator – HostGator is the best Hosting Service provider, I am personally using for my all blogs, which offers VPS hosting, web hosting and other services. As per my personal experience with HostGator, I’ll recommend you to use HostGator. You can use our coupon code to get 25 % discount (Coupon code: itechcode25)
- DreamHost– It is also a Hosting provider that offers unlimited bandwidth and storage facility to its customers. It little bit varies in price with HostGator. You can also try DreamHost.
- BlueHost – Millions of people believes that BlueHost is trustworthy and offers numerous features for their blogs. It offers hosting along with Free Domains. Offers the compatibility with a wide range of software including WP, Joomla and Drupal etc. Try it out with Demo and check the things out by yourself. So, you can go with this one too.
Web Analytics is a tool for measuring the Web Traffic and also it measures, collects and give a report after analysis of internet data. This tool is used to improve the effectiveness of a web page or site. It provides the information about the number of visitors and effect of other actions. So, it’s a must resource for blogging.
- Google Analytics – this service is provided by Google itself, which shows the statistical representation of the visitors who visits the website. It is the most popular website statistics service which offers several features to the webmaster.
- GetClicky – it is also a service which offers statistical data of the visits on your site. The module is quite easy and it has several other features also. So, it is a good platform to know the traffic on your webpage or site.
Themes are very much important if you are going to make a blog. Theme should be suitable and relevant to your content; it improves the look of your website. If your page is with good features and looks then it becomes more appealing and attractive for visitors. So, here we have some top names of Theme Providers:
- Genesis – Genesis is developed by the StudioPress, it is a platform or a provider which offers plenty of themes to customers. Most of the professional bloggers use this provider for themes and templates. So, you can also go with Genesis. Currently iTechCode is on Genesis Framework.
- MyThemeShop– it is also a leading theme provider which offers the best WordPress themes within very low price. All available themes are fully customizable and easy to handle. At this place you can choose any theme according to your choice. I am using Mythemeshop’s theme on my Android Blog.
- Thesis – if you want to be an owner of successfully running and a well known website then your website should be at up to the mark and should fulfill all requirements, also the features should be interesting and easy to use and looks should be stunning. For looks you need a beautiful theme for your webpage. And this theme can be obtained from one of the leading theme provider Thesis. Thesis has plenty of themes, from which you can select the most suitable one. The Thesis also makes your WordPress blogs to load faster and look better. Most of the professionals recommend Thesis.
Email Marketing is the latest trend in web services; it is a commercial message by a service provider to a group of people or to people of interest using E-mail. More precisely, it’s a broadcast of a service through the emails to the customers. It’s a pretty interesting way to advertise your product and service to people. Also it is advantageous for your profession and improves the sources of income. There are number of providers which offers Email-Marketing services, let’s have some knowledge of some Top service providers:
- Aweber – if you want an affordable Email Marketing Software and Service than Aweber is the best option for you. $1 for sign up and a reasonable return on your investment. I think the most reliable and frequently used service for Email Marketing. This software and service allows you to create and propagate your campaign by using email services. The service is very easy to use and has enormous features. I highly recommend it to use from day one.
- MailChimp – it is an online solution for email marketing which offers features like contact management, sending emails, tracking results and responses. If you need a plan of action and confused to where to start then this solution will help you.
- GetResponse – it is top rated Email-Marketing software which offers simple action to get services. GetResponse is fast and easy interface software which is able to deliver a powerful impact on the customer. This software will help you to grow your business. So, try it if you are unable to find a suitable option for your website.
WordPress Plugin and Services
Plugins are the services offered by many developers to make your website or blog a powerful one. Plugins can explore your WordPress blog to beyond your imagination which has the capability to do almost anything. So, carefully choose a plugin and service provider as per your requirements. Some top plugin and service providers are:
- W3 Total Cache – Most of the Host Providers recommends W3 Total Cache for plugin and services. Also it is trusted by a number of sites. The W3 Total Cache basically offers its service to improve the user experience of the site; also it improves the server performance. It helps to reduce the download time. So, it’s one of the best resources for your website.
- MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate – This service helps to convert the keywords into beneficial Affiliate links, which improves your income. Also it offers you sufficient tools for the affiliate link format so you don’t have to waste your time with some other tools. You can start it with just $1 as a trial.
- MAXCDN – It’s a content delivery network which helps to charge your website in a better way. This is the most powerful and affordable content delivery network which improves your performance.
- Backup Buddy – Backup Buddy is a paid plugin, by which you can back up your full data. It’s a must have tool if you are a newbie or professional blogger.
- WP-Optimize – WP-Optimize is an optimization tool for your WordPress blog. It optimizes your blog for better performance and makes your database in an effective way. Also it improves the speed of your website. The plugin has many features.
- OIO Ad Manager – OIO Ad Manager Works as a controller for ad space in your blog or site, also it keeps 100% of the revenue and helps to serve advertising on blogs. It offers the option to sell your ads directly. So, it’s a good plugin for your WordPress blog.
- MaxBlogPress Subscribers Magnet – If you want to become a successful owner of a blog then you should learn how making the subscriber list, it’s very important to keep every data and record of subscribers in proper list but it takes so much time if you do it on your own. MaxBlogPress Subscribers Magnet helps you to make subscription list, it automatically adds all the details of subscriber and done your work in few minutes. I am using it and fully satisfied with their lots of features.
- Author hReview– Author hReview plugin is an exclusive plugin made to review products by showing cool star ratings. Star ratings will also be visible in search results as rich snipped. The plugin only allows writers to give their ratings on particular products or services, so it does not allow the reader to give their ratings. This plugin may be helpful to get more organic traffic to your reviewed product. Download Free Version – Click Here.
If you want to make your content much effect as you see on the most popular websites then you should have to add some images to your content. The content becomes effective if it is presented in a proper way and to adding images to content enhances the richness of your written information.
- iStockphoto– It is a microstock photography founded in May 2000, the iStockphoto provides royalty free, online images to the subscribers and customers on the behalf of fixed credits depending upon their size.
- Flickr – Flickr is a website which offers you video and image hosting web services. This site is a platform where you can share any of your photographs. Also you can buy images for your blog from here. The images available for your content should be unique and genuine.
- Fotolia Picture Stock – This site offers you millions of royalty free images for your content; also you can search for other services on this site as per your requirements and for images, you have to pay only less than $1. So, it’s a good source for photographs.
Everyone needs some good references for the steps which they have to be made, and books are one of those references. It’s very important to earn better knowledge from a good source. So, you should concern to some of below mentioned books:
- WP Starter Guide – I must say WP starter guide is an ultimate book and guide, if you want to create a good website with WordPress. You will learn a tremendous knowledge about the stuffs which will make your website an excellent one. After reading the book, you will be able to create any type of website. So, it is a good book for learner and professionals.
- Start Blog that matters – If you are unable to find a perfect strategy for a blog then this book will help you, the book covers a full story telling about the reason of success of many blogs during past years and applied their strategies. So, it is a good book for beginners and an asset for professionals.
SEO / Keyword Research
Key word researching is not an easy job but it is one of the most valuable things which can rise up your traffic and value of your website or blog. Before starting any blog you should research on the name of the site and on your targeted visitors.
- Google Keyword Tool – For Search Engine Optimization or Keyword Research you can go with Google Keyword Tool, one of the most widely used free tools for this purpose. There are lots of tools available on the net which says they perform better research than Google’s Keyword Tool but it is not a fact. If you want that your website and content attracts users then you need to use strong keywords in your content.
- Keyword Winner – A recommended tool for keyword research other than Google Adwords. User friendly interface, offered by this keyword research tool, lets you find the best keywords for your niche. Also, there are lots of options available which help you in finding the right keywords.