There are over 200 factors that affect your ranking on Google Search results (SERPs). There are basically 2 types of Google Ranking Factors. First one is known as On-page SEO Factors and the second one is known as Off-page SEO Factors. We all know Google changes its Search Engine algorithm 200-500 times in a year. So question arises here which Strategies you should apply to get better Google (SERPs) Ranking. The answer is very simple apply only Positive (white Hat) SEO strategies.
10 Positive On-Page Google Ranking Factors
- Permalink: Page URL or Permalink is one of the most important Factors which may help you to get better Ranking on Google SERPs. You should not use unrelated words on Slug (permalink). Keep it as much as short as possible. Your Site will get higher SERPs ranking if you will not use STOP words (about, after, all, and, an, are, being, but, can etc…) in your Post URL (permalink).
- Keyword: Keywords plays a vital role on SERPs, and these are unavoidable part of SEO. You will never get higher ranking on Search Result Pages if you’re not targeting to keywords related to your niche. Remember target but don’t overdo it. Use keyword density around 2.5%-5% on average. Don’t repeat a single keyword in your Permalink, Title, Heading Tags and Description for more than 3 times. Avoiding this may be cause penalization by search engines for keyword stuffing.
- Internal Links: Internal Links are hyperlinks that point at (target) the same domain as the domain that the link exists on (source). This also helps search engines to index your internal pages. Therefore for better results your link should contain Keywords. You can use hyphenated names, but not long ones – two or three hyphens only. Use efficient tree link structure to link internal pages better try two clicks to any page. Also remove all internal dead links.
- Outgoing Links: As we know Page ranks flows with outgoing links that’s why link only trusted sites if you are not using ‘no follow’ tag for outgoing link. Outgoing Links should be related to the topic of linked pages. Linking to a bad neighborhood arguably will be result in your site demotion.
- Freshness of Pages: This can be treated as most prime factor for getting higher rankings on SERPs, cause Search engines loves fresh contents. Newer the better but its not possible for every niche, but you should keep your site always updated with fresh topics. Frequency of updates would be depend upon you niche, for example for a News or Tech blog frequency would be higher while for a tutorial blog would be lower.
- Article Length: Like Google all search engines likes Long Articles (Texts). But remember a good quality article not any article. A rich article is having lots of texts and relevant images or videos. So you should try to write long Article with related contents. And idle length for a quality article could be up to 600 words. Remember few things while writing articles, don’t make excessive use of words, cover relevant and fresh topics, mention referenced sites links, and use related images.
- Frequency of Content Change: Keeping updated your Content is always a good habit. But changing a single post too frequently is a bad SEO tactic. Avoiding this may frustrate SERP manipulators and you will be lost your ranking. So update your site contents but not too frequently.
- Don’t make use of Frames: Generally Frames doesn’t harm your site ranking but some search engines could feels Spidering problem cause of frames. So you should handle them with care.
- Heading Tags: Heading Tags H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6 should be use in a proper way. H1 Tag is the most important followed by H2, H3 and others. You should not use H1 tags for more than 1 time in a single page however you can make unlimited use of other tags.
- Over Optimization Penalty: Over Optimization Penalty can be applied on your site by search engines could be of many reasons such as too high Keyword Repetition, Overuse of H1 Tags etc. So play with SEO but remember the limits.
If you follow above tips no doubt these would be helping you to acquire higher ranking on Google SERPs followed by others.