Social networking websites
Previously the social networking websites were used by the people to find friends on the internet. But now, most of the online businesses have begun to link up with the variety of social networking sites to keep in touch with the clients/suppliers and to reach the achievement. lets proceed the discussion with social networking websites and its active role in blogging.
Role of social networks in blogging
It is a known fact that the success of a blog depends upon the community developed around it. How to develop a community around a blog? Yes, obviously through social networking websites!
Social networks play a vital role in bringing huge fans and followers to a blog/website. This is the major reason that the bloggers are trying to build a quality relationship with the members of the social websites by promoting the blog as these are also the widest platform to share and communicate the information with a variety of people.
Social media and Social networking
Social network is a destination and the social media is something that is happening on the social network. I.e. it is possible to have a social network without social media activities but a social media needs a social network to exist in. Hope you are now clear with social networking and social media with my simple words.
Benefits of social networking websites in blogging
A blogger can make a successful blog with the help of social networking websites as these are the highest hitting websites on the internet. You may ask “how blogging is related to social networking sites?” or “Why social networking websites are used by bloggers?” I hope both are good questions and here are the answers.
1. Social networking sites are simple and powerful platform for the bloggers to promote their blog/blogs.
2. No special skills are required to use these websites and the online presence of the blogger can be improved.
3. It is possible to get the huge attention of visitors while sharing the blog posts.
4. The reputation of the blog owners can be developed by getting the response of the audience for the shared posts.
5. Opens up the channel of direct communication between the blog owners and targeted customers.
6. Easy to get the get minded people which would encourage to get more links through their conversations and resharing the posts.
These are the general benefits of choosing social networking websites for the bloggers. But there are SEO benefits too!
SEO benefits of blogs through social networking websites
1. A good community can be build and they would follow the blog posts shared even the search engines fails to do it. This reduces the bounce rate of a blog which is good for SEO.
2. Unlike PPC, CPM and banner advertising which are expensive medium, using social networking sites are inexpensive and can bring free targeted traffic.
3. The more socially shared and liked blog/blogposts, the more likely to come on the top in the search engines.
4. The above three points would increase the visibility of the blog which in turn creates the popularity among the people and finally resulting in more traffic to blogs.
5. Even tough the social networking sites are dealing with the search engines indirectly, it is likely to get good SERP (search engine result page) .
6. Links from these websites would improve the overall authority or brand name of the blog and helps to appear top in searches.
Which social networks are best for blogging?
Some social networks on the internet are more common across the global audience. So it is good for the bloggers to create a page for their blog/blogs in the popular social networking websites to share the posts. Here is the list of social networks
5. Stumble upon
Tools for automatic updates about blog posts
Many social media tools are available free for the bloggers to distribute the blog posts and to share the new post. The following tools can enhance the social networking management by helping the bloggers to monitor and manage their social activities and to reach a broader audience.
Too many automated links look like spam and so it is advisable to use in a limited way.
A blogger should not forget to link their social profiles to their blog/blogs as it would increase the number of followers of the fan page and readers of the blog. The simple way to increase the reach of a blog and to grasp the new people is cross posting the blog posts on social networking websites and this might lengthen the lifetime of the blog posts shared.
Many bloggers are using the social networking websites to increase the traffic to their blog, to maintain the reputation and to develop relationships for brand awareness. Participating in social networking websites is very good for the bloggers who caught by the Google penguin algorithm as it helps to get the high quality authority link building strategy to their blog.
Am requesting the readers to share their blogging experience in social networking websites!