All “eBook reader” producing companies have made new eBook apps for the newly released Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system which was released on the 26October 2012.
Some eBook reader app came with the new amazing features which astounded the public; while others just had the old functions in their previous reader updated to blend in.
Below are some of the best eBook reader apps in no particular order that created for windows 8 from different eBook reader companies-
1. Adobe Reader
Adobe Systems Incorporated – maker of Adobe Reader has recently just released a new eBook reader app for the new Windows 8 Operating System. This is definitely one of the best readers for Windows 8 Os.
Below are the new features that come with the new adobe reader app:
- Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or anywhere on your device -
Opening of PDF online has just got easier with the new integration Adobe has just added to its reader for Windows 8- you can now open PDF online, through email, even on your device with ease.
- Easily find your most recently read documents-
No matter how many documents you’ve read with Adobe – you can easily locate and read any one all over again when you want to. This function works similarly like a bookmark on a web browser.
- View password-protected PDFs, annotations, and drawing markups-
Password-encrypted PDFs can be viewed easily on the new Adobe reader app, including annotations and drawing markups for clearer presentations of projects.
- Search text to find specific information-
You can search text or phrase within any PDF with the search function. The search options helps you get to a particular section of a PDF faster than scrolling.
- Select single page or continuous flow modes-
You can now choose the way you view your document, either you want it in a single mode or continuous flow modes.
- Email PDFs as attachments-
You can now easily share your favorite files with friends and families. Email files to them right from Adobe home.
- Use bookmarks to jump to directly to a section in your PDF document-
This is one of the most unique features in the new adobe reader app. You can now bookmark a certain section in any PDF that you’re reading. Once it is bookmarked – you can come locate that section easily when you come back to read that same PDF file.
Download the app here.
2. Kindle Reader
Amazon’s kindle reader app which was just released for Windows 8 is also compatible with Windows RT (another version of Windows 8 for smaller device). The Kindle reader app comes with wonderful features which users would like –
- Share With Friends-
With Windows 8 charm you can easily share your content with friends and families.
- Buy once – read everywhere-
Once you’ve downloaded the Kindle app for Windows 8, you can read on the go at any time of the day.
- Look Up Words-
You can tap and hold down any word in a book to view the word’s definition with the web based dictionary (Only available for English language books).
- Find Kindle Books-
Search your Kindle library and the kindle store with ease using Windows 8 search charm.
- Bookmark easily-
Highlight with ease, take notes, and add bookmarks in any book of your choice.
- Save Your Favorite-
The accessibility of your books is now one click away from your desktop. You can pin kindle books from the kindle library to your Windows 8 start screen for easy access to your favorite books.
- Sync to Furthest page read-
With Amazon’s Whisper Sync technology you can automatically sync you’re books across multiple apps, so you can start reading on one device with the Kindle app installed, and pick up where you left off on another device with the Kindle app installed.
You can download the Kindle reader app here.
3. Windows Reader
Surprisingly, Microsoft has created a Windows e-reader for Windows OS. It is a strategic step since Adobe is very popular among Windows users. The new e-reader is now the default e-reader for Windows 8.
These are the features for the new eBook reader-
- Fill forms, add notes (with a keyboard or stylus), and highlight content.
- Share and print files easily.
- Ability to open recently used files with ease.
Download the app here.
4. Kobo e-Reader
Kobo has significantly grown to a level where it is mentioned among the finest and most unique eBook readers in the world of tech. Kobo reader app for Windows 8 has been released. With it, you can have access to nearly a million book titles through the comfort of your Windows 8 laptop.
The app has the following features-
- New Easier –to-Search Library.
- Cloud Storage for ALL Your Books.
- Download Books easily and Read now or Read Later.
- Transfer Books to other Windows 8 device without stress (e.g. – to pc tablets).
You can download the Kobo e-Reader app here.
5. Book Reader
Book Reader app is also a wonderful reading companion – it’s unique and blends down well with Windows 8. With Book Reader app for windows you will enjoy your reading with pleasure. Below are the features of this wonderful app-
- Support of DRM-free ePub and plan text books.
- Multicolumn modern interface.
- Day/In Door/Night Themes with selections of fonts.
- Landscape or portrait orientation.
- Table of content for both ePub and plain text.
- Pin favorite books to “start”.
- Book covers images on live tile.
- Bookmark of last viewed page for all opened books.
You can download the app here.
The these eBook reader apps mentioned above will make your reading a thing of joy anytime you want to read with your Windows 8 computer.